Saturday, March 27, 2010

A lot of C's for a B

I purchased a giant cupcake silicone mould online. It got delivered within 2-3 days. Turns out, that it wasn't that great after all. More than a cupcake shape, it looked like a beehive. So, I covered it in custard flavoured rolled fondant and turned it into a beehive.
Chocolate chilli cherry cookie cake, covered in custard flavoured fondant. Lot's of words beginning with C, ey? Haha.


By the way, those things that look like stones, are chocolate stones. :P

Chocolate chilli cherry cookie cake, covered in custard fondant.
Makes about 10 servings


20g butter
100g Lindt Dark Chilli Chocolate
140g plain flour
45g corn flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g cocoa powder
3 (70g eggs), separated
100g sugar
400ml milk
65g choc cookie crumbs
250gm frozen cherries, thawed

custard flavoured rolled fondant

In a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate. Allow to cool.
Sift flours, baking powder and cocoa together in a bowl.Add milk and egg yolks. Mix.Add cooled chocolate. Mix.
Add in cookie crumbs and cherries. Mix.
Whisk egg whites until soft peaks. Add sugar gradually whilst beating until stiff peaks.
Gently fold in egg whites.
Grease cake pan. (I used my giant cupcake silicone casings) and gently pour cake mixture until 3/4 full.Bake in a preheated 155C oven for 1hr and 40mins or until cooked.
Allow to cool completely before covering with rolled fondant.


Don't ask me about the custard fondant. I ran out of icing sugar in the middle of the night. It was too sticky still so I used up all of my custard powder. -__-

Serve with cookies n cream icecream! To me, the fondant is purely decorative. I don't really eat it because it's just sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment