Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Roasted sweet potatoes cake

This looks like some form of a chunky carrot cake, but it isn't. It does contain beta-carotene just like carrots though (which explains the orange colour).

Following with the 'leftovers' theme, I used leftover roasted sweet potatoes in this concoction of a cake.

I love sweet potatoes! Hehe. :)


Roasted sweet potatoes cake
Makes a small/medium rectangular cake

1 cup self raising flour
1/3 cup corn flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp sugar (Add more sugar if you like things sweet. This wasn't really sweet)

1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp corn oil
1 egg, lightly beaten

1-2 small roasted sweet potatoes, diced.

Preheat oven to 165C.

Sift and mix flours, sugar and baking soda in one bowl.
In another bowl, mix milk, vanilla extract, corn oil and egg.

Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture until there are no lumps and is well combined.

Add in the diced sweet potatoes and mix.

Line or grease a baking tin. I lined a baking tin with baking paper.
Pour mixture into the tin and try to spread the sweet potato pieces evenly.

Bake at 165 for 30mins or until golden brown/cooked.
Transfer onto cooling rack before serving.


Look at the yummy pieces of roasted sweet potato! Mmm..

The cake is moist and not really sweet, but it tastes good to me because I don't really like extreme sweetness. And probably because I love sweet potatoes. Haha! I like how the sweet potato pieces make the cake just a little bit more brighter as well~ Hehe. Perfect for a cloudy/gloomy day.

Did I mention that I love roasted sweet potatoes? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment