Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter bunny cookies

Wednesday night (08/04/09)

I think I may have destroyed my cookies. :(

Everything was perfectly fine.. until I drew faces on the majority of them. The dark chocolate hasn't hardened like the white chocolate has already. I'm wondering if it will ever harden at all.. (It's pretty cold right now too. Why isn't it setting??!)

I'll hope for the best and see how it is tomorrow morning. I'll show you photos of them tomorrow or so..

Right now, I'm devastated. I was happier after baking the cookies, but now the decoration disaster has taken it away. Such is life. Such is life..

Thursday morning (09/04/09)

I checked my cookies before heading off to uni. The chocolate faces hardened! Yay! So I packed a box of 18 cookies to bring with me. But as I was doing so, some of the eyes fell off. So I had to quickly do eye surgery on them. (Which explained why some of them were so ugly. Sorry guys!)

Friday morning (Good Friday, today!)

My Easter photoshoot~ Hehe.


I know Easter isn't all about chocolates and Easter bunnies though, but that's what this shoot was all about! The chocolate eggs were given to us recently (Thanks!). I haven't bought any Easter eggs this year. Actually, I rarely buy them.


Hehe. And then I packed a plate for the house down the road like I always do. (You know who you are!). Haha :P

Happy Easter everyone! :)

Even if you don't celebrate it for it's real meaning, it's okay. Society has made it a tradition no matter what religion you believe in. Everyone grew up with the Easter bunny didn't they? I remember the Easter egg hunts, the Easter activities during primary school etc. Mmm. And I love hot cross buns! I want to try making some.. but probably won't because we have some at home already.

Coconut and white chocolate bunny cookies
Makes about 43 cookies.

1 1/3 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup dessicated coconut

75gm butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

100gm white chocolate, melted
25gm dark chocolate, melted
extra dessicated coconut

Sift flour, baking powder and coconut in a mixing bowl.

In another mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Then add egg and vanilla extract. Beat.

Mix butter/sugar mixture into the flour mixture. Rub until you get evenly coloured (yellow) crumb consistency.

Scoop one tbsp of the crumb mixture and place into cookie cutter. (I used a bunny shaped cookie cutter/rice mould that I got from Singapore). Press down with the mould backing (if available, otherwise use fingers and try to press down firmly and evenly). Place onto a lined baking tray.

Bake at 165C in a preheated oven for 7 mins.

Allow to cool before decorating.

Spread melted white chocolate over the top of a cookie. Quickly coat with coconut before it sets. Do this to all of the cookies, and allow the chocolate to harden.


For the eyes/face, use the melted dark chocolate. Apply as necessary and allow to set.


I brought this rabbit mug back from Singapore two months ago. Hehe. I planned this photoshoot well ahead of time, didn't I? :P


They don't look like bunnies when they're upside down. Not sure what they look like though.


My favourite cookie out of them all! The perfect face. :)

And the ones that didn't make the photoshoot.. because they weren't photogenic enough:


Well, at least the faceless ones made it into the rabbit mug. Haha. My apologies for being so.. shallow. :P

I hope they tasted okay! I know people have said that they're good, but I'm assuming you're all just being polite. But why did my sister scoff down 4-5 in the one sitting though? I'm not sure if it's just because they were in front of her, if she was hungry, or if she truly liked them. Haha. I had one (that I broke when I was trying to press the chocolate into a plate of coconut. I guess I was being too forceful as I was scared the chocolate would harden before the coconut could reach it. Haha). I think it tasted okay?

11 comments:

  1. I think they are adoreable, great pictures :), have a wonderful easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great recipe, I will have to share it with my family. Easter is one of my favorite holidays. It’s another excuse to paint eggs, hide them, and dress up in a huge bunny suit which somehow earns you the adoration of young children. I’m not sure how the bunny came into being a symbol, but somehow it has stuck. I made a list on my website of the top ten reasons I love about Easter: http://www.toptentopten.com/topten/reasons+i+love+easter. You can vote and also add your own reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you make this without cococut, and white and dark chocolate and eggs??? if no, any suggestions quick for an eggless recipe?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can make it without the coconut and chocolate. The chocolate was only for decoration but you can use icing instead.

    If you want to take out the egg, I suggest adding 1/2 tsp more baking powder and perhaps 25gm more butter or use golden/maple syrup. Because the mixture will be a bit drier if you remove the egg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I'm sure they tasted wonderful, too. Chocolate and coconut - How can you go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  7. BONJOUR J'HABIT EN CALIFORNIE ET J'AIME SAUTER ENVIRON. COMMENT DE VOUS, AIMER-VOUS SAUTER ENVIRON?
    arent i wierd?

    ohohohoh its magic you knowowow never believe its not soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    i go to um #33940 school
    thankyo and bubye

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry about my spelling

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS RECIPE ! LIKE OMGGGG!!! SO CAUUUTTEEEE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THIS IS TRESS ADORBZ

    ReplyDelete