Friday, January 15, 2010

Ho hum yum yum

I love hommus. Hummus. However you want to spell it. :)

It looked relatively simple to make. So why buy when you can just make it freshly yourself?!


I usually buy Chris' dips. Haha. I saved the container from the previous time and tried to fool my sister. She was fooled alright.. but she did suspect something when the container was a bit too full and the taste was slightly different. Hehe~ :P

Hommus
Makes about 350gm

400g can chick peas, drained
4 tbsp ground roasted sesame seeds (Tahini. I couldn't find it in the supermarket so I ground my own sesame seeds)
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1 tsp crushed/minced garlic
salt/pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil

Blend all ingredients apart from the olive oil together.
When combined, slowly add olive oil until smooth and of dip consistency.


Serve with pita chips! Mmmm. (Dehydrate the pita bread under the grill or in the oven until it's crisp and golden brown)

No comments:

Post a Comment