Friday, December 24, 2010

Testing the new oven!

I decided to play with my new kitchen for the very first time. Haha. Now I've got a larger oven to use. But it's got so many modes that I need to keep reading the manual in order to remember. -__- Sigh. I suppose I will get used to it over time. Next time, I'll test out my new kitchen appliances also! Ah, I can't wait! :D


To test out the oven, I made gingerbread men! I made cinnamonbread last year, so this is basically the same recipe but with added ginger. It's not too over powering and the spices are just right for my tastes.


Merry Christmas everyone! :)

I love baking Christmas goodies~ Hehe. Oh, and I LOVE this caesar stone benchtop! The baking trays go on hot and become cool to touch so quickly! :D

Gingerbread men
Makes about 20 big and 60 small cookies

600g self raising flour
160g pure icing
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp mixed spice
1 tbsp ginger powder

2 eggs (112g), lightly beaten
110g golden syrup, warmed
100g butter, melted and cooled
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Sift and mix dried ingredients together.

Add liquid ingredients and mix until combined.
Form a dough.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.


Take dough out to room temperature (2hrs or so) before rolling it out.

Preheat oven to 160C.

Roll out dough between two sheets of baking paper.


Roll out dough to about 7mm or so. I used two chopsticks to help me get this sort of thickness.


Cut out with cookie cutters and place onto baking tray.


Bake for approx 8 mins for big and about 5 mins for small cookies.


Allow to cool before storing.


Store in an airtight container.

Or give them as gifts! :)


Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment