Sunday, June 13, 2010

But I didn't want to hurt these little bugs..

I generally hate bugs in general. But I found this bug silicone muffin tray too cute to resist.


Unfortunately for me, it didn't turn out quite as I had hoped. The butterflies didn't like me. :(


But the dragonfly turned out okay. (Yes, there's only 1 on the silicone tray.) I don't really like dragonflies though.. there are so many of them buzzing around Port Melbourne! -__-

Chocolate Chai Cupcakes
Makes about 6 bugs (the packaging said 4 cup mixture capacity) and 4 cupcakes

250g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
40g Pure Chai chocolate drink mix
70g caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
96g butter, melted
50g (1) egg, lightly beaten
300gm Vitasoy vanilla soy milk (1 1/4 cup)

Preheat oven to 180C.
Lightly brush silicone tray with some melted butter.


Combine dry ingredients together.


Mix in liquid ingredients until just combined.
Spoon mixture into moulds.


Bake for 20-25mins or until cooked. (The moulds were different in size which were a bit annoying. The butterflies took a lil longer to cook.. -__-)


Allow to cool before removing from tray.

Neither butterflies liked me. :(


Beetle turned out okay, though I broke the antenna from the other beetle. Whoops..

Ladybird

Dragonfly.



A hint of chocolate chai brings a nice flavour to a cupcake. I'd prefer something more spicy though. I'd put more cinnamon in next time. I actually don't like that chocolate chai drink mixture. I think it tastes horrible as a drink. That's why I'm trying to use it up.. Haha. Damn. I still have more.. and no one wants to drink it.

I like Arkadia branded Spice Chai mix. I notice a lot of cafes using that as well. Mmmm. I love my chai lattes. Too much milk = yuck though. GRR. I ordered one from Gloria Jeans just the other day, cos every chai I had at any cafe tasted the same thus far. But no. It. Was. HORRIBLE!! Never buying a chai latte from Gloria Jeans ever again. Oh. AND the chai latte that I had from Amigos on Lygon St. Now, who the hell sprinkles TEA LEAVES on top of the chai? Or leaves tea leaves in the drink as well?! I choked myself out of disgust. And it took a million years to arrive at the table too. Never stepping foot back there again either.

Anyway. Enough chai talk from me.

1 comment: