Thursday, February 11, 2010

CNY: Green pea cookies (using coated green peas)

This year's green pea cookies are a bit of a disappointment to me. I couldn't find the green peas that I used last year, so I had to settle for these coated ones (which were more expensive and less in nett weight). Sigh. Look at them. Just look at them! They look so hideous..


So this year, there aren't as many cookies. And I didn't add a green pea to the tops of each cookie like last year purely because I would uglify the cookies. :(



Green pea cookies
Make 35 small cookies

115g roasted green peas (purchased from an asian grocer)
160g plain flour
40g icing sugar
1/2 cup corn oil

1 egg, lightly beaten

Grind green peas to a powder. I used a coffee bean grinder.


Sift plain flour, icing and ground green peas in a bowl.


Add in oil and mix until combined.


Roll out into little balls. Press down gently.


Place on a lined baking tray. Brush with beaten egg.

Bake in a preheated oven at 165C for 15mins.


Allow to cool before storing in air tight container.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there - I am stopping by to invite you to come and check out DessertStalking.com, a new food photography submission site that focuses on the sweeter side of life. Hope you will stop over and give us a try! - Donalyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love those green peas, especially the wasabi kind (which I'm pretty sure wouldn't really work here!). I'll definitely have to give this recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete