Saturday, January 10, 2009

Soft chocolate, cinnamon and apricot cookies

Remember the macaroons I tried making? .. and how I had a lot of ganache? Well, it's been sitting in a ball (about the size of a slightly large golf ball) in the fridge. I had this inkling to use it up because it bothered me every time I opened the fridge.

So, I decided to make cookies with them. Just then. With whatever ingredients I could find and thought would go nice together. A mixture of chocolate, cinnamon and apricots. I've never tried that before, but it's quite a nice mixture! The dough was yummy.. :D


Soft chocolate, cinnamon and apricot cookies
Makes about 58 small cookies

2 cups self raising flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
50gm butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup (about 100-150gm) dried apricots, diced
1 golf size ball of ganache, melted (Haha. You can just use about 75gm of chocolate, melted. I melted on high in a microwave for about 10secs. Do not microwave for long otherwise the chocolate will burnnn!)

In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon.
Add milk, egg, melted butter and melted ganache (or melted chocolate, cooled).
Mix well, then add in the dried apricots.
Mix until everything in the mixture looks even.
Preheat oven to 170C.
Roll into little balls about 1.5-2cm in diameter. Leave 2cm between each ball.


Press gently down on the balls to flatten slightly.


Bake in the oven for 12 mins. (Note: the longer you bake them for, the less soft they will be. If you prefer crispy cookies, bake for longer)
Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.

1 comment:

  1. I love these, I just made them and they're lovely. Did a little substitution but they still turned out nicely.

    I hope you don't mind but I wrote it up on my blog - I put a link back to yours under this recipe.

    http://goodfoodhappylife.blogspot.com/2010/09/soft-chocolate-and-apricot-biscuits.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete