Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tea time

I know, it's been a while since I've last posted. I've been and come back from overseas. I've started full time work for over 2 months. But it feels like time has gone by so fast! It feels like only yesterday I was in HK. Oh, I miss HK. I miss travelling. I can't wait to go on my next trip! :D


So I had a tea party today. Planned, rescheduled.. and was going to reschedule/cancel again. But whatever. I'm tired. Work drains me, then I spend all this time baking/preparing... which makes me just plain tired and in not a very good mood. I've realised that I'm not very good at organising and prioritising time.. Things seem to go rush rush fail for me.

Anywho, here's what I made:

Lemon cupcakes with mascarpone frosting


Dark and white chocolate chip mudcake cupcakes


Egg tarts


Black sesame macarons with white chocolate ganache

Makes approx 36 macarons

150g almond meal
50g black sesame powder
300g icing sugar
190g egg whites
60g caster sugar

Sift almond meal, black sesame and icing sugar twice.
Beat egg whites until soft peaks. Add caster sugar slowly and beat until smooth and glossy.
Fold egg whites into almond mixture.
Pipe onto lined baking trays.
Leave uncovered for 1 hour in order for a skin to form.
Bake in a preheated oven at 120C for 15-20mins.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
If macaron halves are hard to remove, place the baking paper on top of some water.
Sandwich two macaron halves together with white chocolate ganache.


Vanilla macarons with chocolate ganache


Chicken and mayo sandwiches


Smoked trout and cucumber sandwiches


Hommus dip

Tzatziki dip

Anyway, thanks to all those that came! :) I'm sorry that I didn't have the time to make more or anything better..

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks so lovely.....including the 3 tier tray...by the way where did u buy it?? Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ audrey lim: Thanks, the white tier is from House and the other one is from one of the shops in DFO if you're in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have trouble with time management too =(
    My poor blog has been neglected for several months now!

    I love your blog btw! Your black sesame macarons look fantastic! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just found your blog after searching for tiny teddies :P

    I have fallen in love with black sesame ^.^ Where do you buy your black sesame powder? (I am in Melbourne too)

    Thanks!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Lauren: You can get black sesame powder from most asian grocers. :)

    ReplyDelete