Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Banana cinnamon and date muffins

I had this urge to bake muffins.
Since class starts at 2pm, I had time to bake before uni. :D

Hehe. I purchased 2000 muffin casings when I was in Singapore. It'll last me a while.. Haha. I bought 2 different floral designs. I only used one design for these muffins.


Banana cinnamon and date muffins
Makes about 24 standard muffins

2 cups plain flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp vanilla extract
8 tbsp milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup banana and honey yoghurt (I used Yoplait formé banana and creamy honey)
2 tbsp vegetable oil

4 small ripe bananas, mashed
13 dried pitted dates, chopped and soaked in 1/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 175C.

Sift and mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl. Add in oats and mix.

In another bowl, mix egg, milk, yoghurt, banana, dates + the water, vanilla extract and oil until combined.

Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix with a wooden spoon. Your batter should be not too thick and not to thin.

Scoop batter into greased muffin pans or line them with baking paper.

Bake for 18mins. Remove from oven and onto cooling rack.


Again.. they stuck to the casings. Sigh. I should remember to grease the casings next time.


Oh well. They're moist with banana and dates and are cinnamon fragrant. These satisfied my baking and cinnamon craving. :D

Now to get ready for uni.

Update: Ok. They're easier to peel after a few hours (less sticks to the bottom). :)
Update: Overnight, they don't stick at all. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment