Sunday, May 23, 2010

Two weeks ago

I've been busy.. so I haven't had a chance to post anything new.


I made chocolate orange cupcakes for M about 2 weeks ago.
Because it was a last minute confirmation, I didn't realise that I was low on butter. Oh well.. :P

Watched Iron Man 2 that day too. I thought it was quite good (though I haven't watched the first movie). I don't usually watch movies because I find it hard to stare at a gigantic screen. But a movie is generally good if I can sit through it without falling asleep or if I'm not constantly moving around in my seat. I have a short attention span if something doesn't interest me enough. Haha.

Chocolate orange cupcakes
Makes about 12

55g butter, softened
100g sugar
135g self raising flour
25g cocoa
150ml fresh orange juice
2 (60g) eggs

choc orange frosting
finely grated orange rind, dried out in the oven
grated chocolate
Lindt Orange Intense chocolate

Preheat oven to 170C.

In a large bowl, sift flour and cocoa.
In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
Add orange juice and butter mixture to flour. Gently mix until combined.

Bake for about 12-15mins or until cooked.
Allow to cool completely before applying frosting and decoration.


I made a choc orange frosting, grated some chocolate and oven dried some orange rind (which had the most lovely smell to them!) and topped off with a piece of Lindt Orange Intense dark chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment