Sunday, June 20, 2010

Baked doughnuts

I decided to do some baking, and ending up baking some doughnuts. This is a recipe that I'll keep using for sure. But perhaps next time, I won't make the doughnuts this big. I think they would be even more yummier if they were smaller and more adorable. Haha. :P


I don't know why I made them this shape. I rolled out each piece of dough into a length of about 30cm, then I started to scroll them up. I guess they're like.. doughnut horns? Makes it more fun to eat actually because you can start peeling the scroll from outside in. :D

Mmm.. cinnamon and sugar. *thumbs up*

Baked doughnuts
Makes about 20 large doughnuts

280g plain flour
470g self raising flour
14g active dried yeast
150g sugar
370g milk, lukewarm
30g cooking margarine, melted
100g egg (2 eggs)
1 tsp vanilla extract

extra milk, for brushing
cinnamon and sugar, for dusting

Combine flours, yeast and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract.
Using a stand mixer with dough attachments, slowly add liquid mixture into the flour mixture.
Mix on medium speed for 4-5minutes until combined and becomes a stretchy dough.
Cover and leave to rise for 1.5hrs in a warm place.

Preheat oven to 180C.
Punch dough and lightly knead on a floured surface.
Split dough into 2. Then split each piece into 10 other pieces.
Roll each piece of dough into a 30cm strip. Scroll them up.
Place pieces onto a lined baking tray.


Brush with milk.


Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

Leave to rest for 30mins.

Bake for about 10mins or until cooked.


Best served immediately. Otherwise reheat under a grill or in an oven.

4 comments:

  1. The doughnuts look great! I love the shape - so unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Baked doughnuts mean that you can eat more of them! :)

    Would you mind checking out my blog? :D http://ajscookingsecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I LOVE the idea of donut "horns" ... so original! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so adorable! My nine year old and seven year old will love these when I make them for them!! Woohoooooo!!!!! :) yayayayyy

    ReplyDelete