Thursday, April 15, 2010

All about chocolate

I made baby cupcakes. What better than bite-sized cupcakes? I mean, if you like it, you can have another. If you don't, then there's no need. And plus, miniature things are always adorable. :P


The cupcakes were all the same. Oddly enough, the ones with grated chocolate on top disappeared faster. Haha..


I suppose this one doesn't tempt you as much as the one below.


Baby chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting
Makes about 48

125g butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cocoa

some chocolate frosting
grated chocolate

Preheat oven to 160C.

Combine all ingredients under low electric mixing speed.
When thoroughly mixed, increase to high speed for a minute or so.
Spoon batter into patty lined cupcake moulds, 75% full.

Bake for about 12 mins per tray or until cooked.

Leave to cool in tray before removing onto cooling rack.
Decorate with chocolate frosting, ganache, icing etc.


The cupcakes turned out very light and moist. :D

2 comments:

  1. Oh so adorable and delicious!!! I love chocolate. I wish I could make one, but I don't have oven. Is there any way else to bake without oven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is possible to microwave cake. But you need to do so with microwaveable cake pans. Or, there are these cupcake makers that are an electrical appliance. You just plug it into the electric outlet. You can probably find one online somewhere. Something like this: http://www.sunbeam.com.au/pages/browse/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=1666. I don't have one of these so I don't know how well it works. You could give that a try. :) I kinda like this one. It's in the shape of a cupcake! I want it, but I don't really need it. Haha :D

    ReplyDelete