Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bread(less) and butter(less) pudding

I've just discovered a new dessert! Haha. Tastes like bread and butter pudding.. only without the bread and without the butter. Okay, this creation was unintentional. I mean, I.. wasn't concentrating on what I was doing and ended up with a higher liquid to flour ratio than needed. Thus, I didn't end up with cake; I ended up with pudding! Haha. I was wondering why it was still very moist after a long while of baking. -__-


Banana and date pudding
Makes a medium slab and 3 mini bundts

2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
125gm dried dates, chopped and soaked in 1 cup water
2 medium/small ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tbsp milk
2 tbsp corn oil
2 cups banana and honey yoghurt

Preheat oven to 180C.

Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar together.
Mix egg, milk, oil, yoghurt, dates (including the water from soaking) and banana together.
Combine liquid mixture with flour and mix till evenly combined.
Pour into lined/greased baking tins.

Bake slice tray for 50mins, and 30mins for the 3 bundt tins.

Serve immediately, by itself or with some vanilla ice-cream. Reheat in microwave when required. This is best served hot/warm, I tell you!!

Perfect hole for a scoop of vanilla ice-cream! Hehe


When it's hot, it's a gooey-ish mixture. But when it cools.. it's not as gooey. I don't like it when it's cooled though. It doesn't taste as good. It tasted best when hot out of the oven, with the crisp edges and goey banana and date centre. Mmm. Sort of reminds me of Asian cakes made with glutinous rice flour or so. :D Yum yum yum..

No comments:

Post a Comment