Friday, December 10, 2010

Coconutty snowmen

Christmas is 2 weeks away!


There are so many things I plan on baking. Fruitcake. Gingerbread men/houses. Chocolate chip cookies*. (*Not festive, but I've been meaning to make them for over half a year now..)

Anyway, I have these snowmen baking trays that I bought last year. So I decided to try them out!


The cakes turned out pretty good! :)


Ah.. my little snowmen! :D I love you!

Coconut cupcakes
Makes 12 mini snowmen cakes

200g self raising flour
85g sugar
70g desiccated coconut
1 tsp baking powder

250ml milk
1 egg (55g), lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g butter, melted

extra coconut
icing for decoration

Grease baking tray.


Preheat oven to 160C.

Mix dry ingredients together.
Add in milk and melted butter and mix.
Add in egg and vanilla extract.
Mix until just combined.


Spoon into baking trays.
Bake for 10-12 mins or until cooked.


Allow to cool before decorating.


Dip cake in runny icing and roll into desiccated coconut.


Decorate as desired.


I love snowmen! + sandmen! Sigh. I want a white Christmas.. :(

10 comments:

  1. This is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I can't wait to make these this weekend and this homemade eggnong

    http://www.fourgreensteps.com/community/recipes/60/327

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect snowmen, so I love these! Now I need to find a snowman tin like that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave away 2 pans like that to a neighbor girl with 5 kids, 3 being natural tripletts. i told her if she didn't have time to bake to fill them with mashed potatoes for the kids. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! :)

    Sorry Tiffany, I'm not sure where I bought them from. It was during Christmas last year, and I tend to buy a lot of unnecessary things when I see them. Haha..

    You can find them online in places like Amazon though. This one is similar: http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Aluminum-Mini-Snowman-Pan/dp/B00004Y68P/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1292026113&sr=8-8

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello
    First time here, i jus love ur cute creation.
    I love food creations you can take a look at mine at my blog wenevr time permits .

    - Smita
    www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there
    those snowmen look great. The baking pans of Wilton are great. I absolutely recommend them!
    Regards
    Kyoungmi

    ReplyDelete