Saturday, March 13, 2010

Florentines



I've been meaning to make these for a while now. That box of cornflakes was just sitting idly on top of the fridge. Haha. I like florentines. Kez's gluten free florentines are especially nice. So I tried to make some. Turns out, I made a lot... -__-


Florentines
Makes about 64

230g corn flakes
150g sultanas
200g flaked almonds
400g skim condensed milk
200g dark cooking chocolate

Preheat oven to 160C.
Crush corn flakes gently.
Add sultanas and almonds. Mix.
Mix in condensed milk.
Spoon mixture into small round lumps. Press down gently so they hold.
Bake for about 8-10mins.
Allow to cool.

Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler.
Spread onto base of each florentine.
Allow chocolate to set. Refrigerate if required.


Store in an airtight container, away from sunlight and heat. I keep mine in the refrigerator. :D Though they are disappearing quite fast.. o_o

No comments:

Post a Comment