Saturday, March 14, 2009

Brux bar & bistro for a birthday

Brux Bar & Bistro.
582 Little Collins St, Melbourne.

Earlier when we arrived, the weather was extreme. It was like a monsoon/typhoon/cyclone out there! It was freezing, horridly windy and raining. Ah! This very sign was swinging around like mad. Any more force and I swear it would fly right off!

The menu.

M's cappuccino with lots of milky froth!

Q's Classic Beef Carpaccio with Rocket and Shaved Parmesan.
Raw slices of beef..

Open Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Oil and Rosemary.
It was a piece of pasta sheet with mushrooms and sauce. It tasted okay.

M's Boston Seafood Chowder.
This.. seemed a bit too liquid.

M's Roast Tomato and Rocket Risotto with Basil Pesto.
This was uncooked! It was horrible! The worse risotto... ever. The rice was uncooked! :(

M's Free Range Chicken Breast with Honey Roasted Pumpkin Puree, Mashed Potato and Baby Vegetables.
Nice presentation, average tasting?

Steamed Atlantic Salmon Spring Bay Mussels, Potatoes, Leeks, Dill and Saffron Broth.
Isn't the salmon sitting in a pool of chowder? There were no potatoes in there. But there was corn and carrots? Where did it mention that in the name? I think they lied!

Oh, and the name was too long, so I didn't really read it. The salmon was nice.. but I didn't know there were mussels in it.. :S

I can't stand mussels. I can't eat them. Or food cooked with them. The taste makes me sick. I used to be able to eat them.. until that one unfortunate day that I had food poisoning from mussels. Since then, I've never been able to eat them without feeling sick. I don't remember eating the mussels that night though. M must have eaten them because I surely don't remember.

Overall, I'd say the food wasn't that great. The name and the look of the food was better than they actually tasted. Which was a pity.. :/

Oh well. Look! K and her sis made chocolate cupcakes! :D

So pretty!

Happy birthday K!

No comments:

Post a Comment