Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oriental Spoon

I wanted bibimbap. I haven't eaten it before, but I wanted it. Haha. It's a Korean dish of rice with seasoned vegetables, egg, beef and chilli sauce/paste, in which you mix through before eating.

I went to Oriental Spoon for dinner. I haven't been there before but I've heard about the place from several people. (I don't eat out much anyway.. probably because I'm a bit picky with food. :P)

So we all got beef bibimbaps except for one person, who got the special tteokbokki.


This is the "Special Dokbokki". What's so special about it, you ask? Well.. there's the 2 pan fried dumplings and the 2 halves of boiled egg sitting with the normal composition of tteokbokki (rice cakes, sliced fishcakes, ramen, chilli sauce). But. There was something more to it.

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not.. but.. from where I was sitting (and L noticed this too)..

What does this look like to you?


Hehe. We flipped the eggs around so that the crab would have some pupils on it's eyes. Haha :P

I thought that was so cute, intentional or not. Hehehe~ :D

And this was my "Beef Bibimbop".


Such pretty colours~ OH. And not to forget the chilli sauce!


You have no idea how much sauce I put. What you see here is only about 25% of the amount I put in. I was craving for something spicy. I used to not like chilli but now I seem to like spicy things. Anyway, it's perfect for Winter! Yes, it's the season to eat spicy! :)

I don't have a photo of when I mixed the whole thing through. It doesn't look like much, but under all of that is a heap of rice. It's a pretty big serving and I did get full before I reached half way though. But I finished it all in due time (as to not waste food.. I've been brought up this way. Haha). Yes, I was the last to finish my bibimbap. -__-

Oriental Spoon is now my favourite Korean food restaurant. The prices are okay and I like the taste of the food. I like their kimchi and side dishes also. Plus, they speak Korean there. Haha. I wish I were Korean. :(

I'll most likely be back there when I want Korean food. ;)


If you were wondering, the "Grape Bong Bong" is the green canned drink in which appears in the photo with the tteokbokki. It's a carbonated grape drink with real grapes inside. I don't know what it tastes like though.

No comments:

Post a Comment