Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Holey goodness in every bite

I had a craving for crumpets.
And Golden crumpets are on sale for 99cents at Woolworths this week! Haha.


I've never seen wholemeal crumpets before. Then again, I haven't had crumpets in a long time.

I microwaved a crumpet for 30 seconds on high, then spread some apricot jam on top.


Mmm.. warm holey soft chewy goodness.


Yum yum! Especially if you eat it before it goes cold. Hehe.

I'd like to try making my own crumpets one day though.. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I'm on the hunt for a good crumpet recipe (they don't sell them in the stores where I live). So far I've tried 2 and ended up with 1 set of English muffins (good, but not crumpets) and 1 set of gooey crumpets (no thanks). If you find a good recipe, please share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a crumpets recipe posted by choos & chews (http://choosandchews.blogspot.com/2008/07/like-king-indeed.html) that I'd like to try one day! :)

    ReplyDelete